You’ve done the training, spent a small fortune on fancy kit, shaved all excess body hair and persuaded your family to get up before the milkman ( do we still have milkmen or am I showing my age here?) to come and support you on your big day….. Then it all goes wrong!!
Over the years I have either witnessed or been guilty of all the race day errors possible. A quick trawl of my diminishing memory include:
- putting the safety pins of my number through both front and back of my T shirt making it impossible to actually put it on in transition
- turning up to an important race without equipment even once turning up without a front wheel
- spending 15 minutes wrestling my wetsuit off in transition
- swimming an extra 300m over a standard distance race
All of these things are avoidable and to help save you the embarrassment of repeating these mistakes we are holding a one off training day. This will include:
- practical pool based open water skills session including: navigation, fighting, stroke technique, wetsuit fitting and removal, dealing with open water anxiety and more.
- practical transition skills: including mount and dismount, tips on setting up a efficient transition area, the rules of transition.
- race day nutrition and strategy
The draft programme for the workshop is:
10:00-10:30 Welcome and Introductions
10:30 -12;00 Pool based open water skills session, tips, drill and fun!
12:30 – 12:30 Lunch
13:00 – 14:00 Practical transition skills session
14:00 -15.00 Race day preparation and post race recovery
This unique event is taking place at Turton Sports Centre Bolton on 3rd June 2017
Early bird discount applies of only £25.00
For all the details and how to book can be found here at: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/racing-well-maximise-your-performance-in-triathlon-tickets-32719657376?aff=ebapi